2016 has been a busy year! We’ve had the pleasure of filming more wedding videos this year than in any other since we started – 22!
*How Many* Wedding Films?
In most things, 22 isn’t that much, right? And we know there are other videographers out their who can do upwards of 50. But 22 is perfect for us – why?
- We put loads of time into each edit. Some (most) will aim to turn around a wedding – both the feature and the highlight reel, in 2-3 days. It takes us 4-5. We’re not just really slow, promise!
- But it takes an awful lot of time to include extracts of speeches and ceremonies into highlight reels. Using them to creative a narrative for the day, while still hitting musical cues, all takes time. We also film more, I think – if we’re there, we’re rolling! Colour grading with the detail we do (especially for the highlights) takes nearly a day on its own!
- We have another job. Chris also lectures at Truro College, while Luke works as a graphic designer at St Austell Brewery (and rund Pear Wood wedding photography) while Michael works with Robots and runs the Kolor Shak.
- Anything more than that and we’d start to be drained of creativity. Each of us genuinely love wedding videography and wedding film making. To do this work well, you have to love it completely. But too many weddings in a single year and we’d be starting to run on empty.
- And most importantly – Chris (still talking about himself in the 3rd person) has a baby! The baby is wonderful and tiny and squishy and full of character. But he does not let daddy edit. And he does not sleep. Or let daddy sleep. So, yes, my 18 month old tiny human has taken an executive decision – daddy isn’t allowed to do more than 20 weddings a year from now on!